Introducing ITF-14 Barcodes
An ITF-14 barcode encodes GTIN-14 (Global Trade Item Number) information and comprises four components:
- a one-digit Indicator prefix
- a GS1 company prefix
- an item reference
- a check digit
Even if the manufacturer includes the ITF-14 barcode on their boxes, you must add the ITF-14 to the actual product so it is associated directly with the product.
ITF-14 barcodes will include both the UPC and the quantity of items in a box, and they are designed for boxes that have multiple quantities of product.
For more details, see the GTIN website.
You can easily create and print out ITF-14 barcode labels right from Skustack. This convenient feature lets you scan a case of a product instead of scanning or entering each unit.
Creating and printing ITF-14 barcodes
To create an ITF-14 barcode:
- Select the Product Info module > Search for the product.
- Open the product > click ITF Barcodes.
- Click the + icon to add the ITF-14 to the product by scanning/entering the barcode and the quantity of items in the box > click Add.
You can also create ITF-14 barcodes in Sellercloud.
To print a new barcode:
- Press and hold the barcode number.
- Check the box for the barcode you wish to print.
- Click the Print icon at the top.