The purchase order process is the recommended workflow for ordering units from your vendors and managing their receipt in your warehouse, helping you streamline procurement and inventory management operations. By following this process, you establish a clear communication channel with your vendors, ensuring accurate and consistent ordering of items, and maintaining visibility and control over the inventory entering your warehouse. Efficiently manage your relationship with vendors, minimize errors, maintain accurate inventory records, and ensure a smooth flow of goods into your warehouse.
Receive PO Module
The Receive PO module is located within Skustack’s Receiving tab. This module allows you to seamlessly receive your purchase orders directly into warehouse bins.
You can search for a PO in one of four modes:
- Search by ID – Search by a specific PO #.
- Search All – Search for all POs. You can filter by:
If the Warehouse management setting Only include Open POs is enabled, only POs with an Ordered status will load. To load POs with all statuses, this setting must be disabled.
- Defaults to all.
- Filters by a specific product or UPC.
- Search by Vendor Invoice ID – Search by a specific Vendor Invoice Number.
- Search by Tracking Number – Search by a specific Tracking Number.
To receive POs, follow the steps below:
- Navigate to Receiving > Receive PO.
- Select your desired Search Mode > click Go.
In the Search All mode you can filter by the Received status of the PO’s (e.g Zero, Partial, etc).
- Tap on the desired PO. You can also filter items within the PO by their received status. Simply tap the Filter icon and choose your filters.
- Products on that PO will load.
- If there is cross-dock quantity on the PO item, a cross-dock icon will be displayed on that row. Long-press on the icon to see the cross-dock details. Learn more about cross-docking here.
- Swipe left on an item to reveal shortcuts to other actions:
- You can scan a product’s barcode or just tap it to open the receiving dialog. The action menu within the dialog provides options to flag items, view PO Item Notes, cross-dock details, and more.
Flagged products will be updated with an icon indicator within the module.
- Scan units to add to the received qty оr adjust the number manually.
- Enter a receiving bin. There may be a suggested bin you can select. The suggestion is based on where the product is currently stored and the unit capacity set on the bin.
Enable the Use Receiving Bin setting in Skustack to only allow receiving into a receiving bin. You can then use the PutAway workflow to transfer inventory from the temporary receiving bin to permanent bins on the warehouse shelf.
- If the Lot Number workflow is enabled for your company and the product is set as expirable then you must select a Lot Number before receiving it. Tap on More Lot/Expirys to view existing or add new lots. Learn more about Lot Numbers here.
- If the Require Transparency Sticker option is enabled in the product’s shipping preferences, you will be prompted to verify that the item you are receiving is affixed with a transparency sticker. Learn more about Transparency here.
- (Optional) Drag the header down and tap Notes to add a note to the PO or view existing notes.
- Tap Receive. The product’s quantity will update immediately in Sellercloud.
- When the PO is fully received, it will be marked as Fully Received.
- Tap the three dots menu in the upper right-hand corner to:
- Send PO Received Email
- Print Random Serials
- Create Put Away List
- Take Photo
- Select Product Identifiers
To un-receive products, simply use the down arrow on the item’s receiving window:
- Use the blue arrow under the Receive Qty for unreceiving manually added products;
- Use the green arrow near the Scan products to add to Qty field for unreceiving scanned products:
- Click the arrow. It will turn into a red downward arrow. Then scan the products you would like to subtract.
Receive Serial Numbers
Receive POs in Bulk
If you are receiving multiple items in the same bin, using the Bulk Mode might be a faster option. With bulk mode, you do not need to open the receiving dialog and then enter the quantity and the bin for every product. Instead, you will select the receiving bin once, scan everything, and then click receive.
To switch to bulk mode follow the steps below:
- Go to Receiving > Receive PO.
- Select desired search Mode.
- Complete the search credentials.
- Click Go and then choose the PO to open.
- On the PO screen, click the dotted rectangle to open the mode menu and select Bulk.
- Choose the receiving bin and click Save. You can also click GoTo to open the bin details. (If you need to change the receiving bin later on, you can open the mode menu and select Bulk again to open the select receiving bin dialog.)
- Scan the product or enter the quantity manually by clicking on the product. The scanned but not received quantity will be shown under the qty received/total qty to receive.
- Click the receive button at the top to receive all the scanned quantities at once.
The Skustack Admin portal lets you easily search for existing POs or create new ones, manage purchased goods, and more.
To search POs, follow these steps:
- Navigate to the Skustack Admin portal at https://xx.skustack.com (replace “xx” with your server ID or team name).
- Enter your login credentials.
- On the left, select Purchasing > Manage POs.
- Configure your Default filters to make sure that the results display exactly what you need.
- Click Search. Each filter you apply gets highlighted. If a filter is gray or not displayed at all, it’s not active.
- To manage the columns in the grid, click the three dots icon on the top right and select Customize Columns. You can:
- Reorder columns by dragging them up or down in the list;
- Hide columns by clicking the Trash icons;
- Add columns by clicking Add column.
- To arrange the data in a different order, use the Sort by menu.
- To save your filtering and sorting options, click Save view, enter a Name, and click Save.
- Click on the green + icon to add a new PO, or;
- Select a PO from the grid and access the Actions menu to either Receive and Un-Receive items, or Export PO data in your preferred format.
Add New PO
To create a new PO:
- Navigate to the Manage POs page and click on the green + icon at the lower right-hand corner, or;
- Go to Purchasing > Add New PO.
- Populate the fields:
- Receiving Warehouse — The warehouse to which the purchased items will be delivered.
- Description — The PO description.
- PO Type — Purchase Order, Credit Memo, or Vendor Offer.
- Vendor Note — Displayed on the Purchase Order.
- Payment Terms — Indicates when a payment is due. Typically applied to invoices.
- Expected Delivery — Estimated date of arrival.
- Click the blue arrow icon to proceed to the next step, Add Products.
To add products to the PO:
- In the Products panel, click Add Products.
- Search for existing products in your catalog or create a new product by clicking the Add New Product option.
- Select the item from the grid and click Add & Close.
- Confirm the total units being ordered and the price per unit in the grid. Click the blue arrow icon to proceed to the next step, Address. Alternatively, you can also add products via file upload. To do that, click the Upload Products icon, in the upper right-hand corner of the Products panel.
- Fill out all the necessary information regarding the shipping and billing addresses for the purchased items. Alternatively, select a pre-saved address from the Saved Addresses drop-down list.
- Click the green flag icon to finalize the Purchase Order.
Import Purchase Info
You can also create multiple Purchase Orders simultaneously using the Import Purchase Orders option. To do that:
- Navigate to Purchasing > Tools > Import Purchase Info.
- Select the Import Purchase Orders option.
- To download a sample template, click the download icon on the Import Purchase Orders panel.
- Populate the file with your desired PO data.
- Return to the Import Purchase Orders panel. Select the file and fill in the required fields.
- (Optional) You can use a customized plugin for PO import. Contact our Support Team to request a customization for your account.
- Select the Create New PO Numbers checkbox to allow the system to generate numeric values for the POs.
- Click Import.
- The import will trigger a Queued Job. Once processed, the new Purchase Orders will be visible on the Manage POs page.
|Validate PO warehouse when receiving in SKUStack||
Client setting. Enables warehouse validation in Skustack. Enabling this setting will only allow employees to receive POs if they are logged into the same warehouse to which the PO is addressed.
|Validate serial globally||
Client setting. Enables serial number validation in Skustack. Learn more about serial number validation and relevant client settings here.
|Require serial scan if necessary||Skustack’s Warehouse Management setting. When enabled, will force the user to scan serials for products that are set to require serial scan when receiving.|
|Only include Open POs||
Skustack’s Warehouse Management setting. Only load POs with ordered status.
|Sort POs by SKU||
Skustack’s Warehouse Management setting. When this setting is enabled, POs will be sorted alphabetically by SKU, rather than by bin suggestion.
|Use Receiving Bin||Skustack’s Warehouse Management setting. When enabled, only allows receiving into the Receiving bin.|
|Prefill Bin To field with previously received into bin||Skustack’s Warehouse Management setting. When a SKU is partially received on a PO, Skustack will automatically populate the “Bin To” field with the bin where the SKU was previously received for this PO, once the receiving process is resumed.|
|Only suggest bins with existing qty||Skustack’s Warehouse Management setting. When enabled, Skustack will not suggest bins with zero quantity of the product during receiving and putaway.|
|Prompt for Dimensions||Skustack’s Warehouse Management setting. If dimensions aren’t set, will prompt you to set them when the product is scanned for the first time.|
|Auto close after fully received||Skustack’s Warehouse Management setting. Closes the PO when everything on the PO is received.|
|Send email on leave PO||Skustack’s Warehouse Management setting. Upon exiting the PO, a prompt to send an email for all products received in the session will be displayed. The prompt depends on the selected value of this setting. It may either be a manual prompt or an automatic email.|
|Auto print labels on receive PO||Skustack’s Warehouse Management setting. Automatically print product labels upon receiving. The label type depends on the subsetting Set PO Label Type.|
|Allow Backorder Picklist Picking||Skustack’s Warehouse Management setting. Enables the cross-dock workflow.|
|Only load POs marked Release for Receiving||Skustack’s Warehouse Management setting. When enabled, Skustack will only load POs that are marked as Release for Receiving in Sellercloud.|