Skustack is a mobile app developed by Sellercloud to optimize bin management. Using this app, you can find the exact location of specific inventory items within the warehouse. Items are scanned into and out of bins using a handheld device (Skustack operates on devices running Android 5.0 or above). All inventory movements are logged and can be tracked in Skustack and Sellercloud. You can download Skustack from the Google Play store.
Setting up a device
Please note: The required density specifications for your handheld device:
- Screen Density: hdpi (1.5)
- DPI Density: 240
If a device does not have that screen density and dpi density, certain pages might cause the app to crash and certain images / UI components will not show up properly.
You can simply get the Skustack application from Google Play.
Follow these steps to manually install the Skustack application:
- Connect the device to your PC via USB. USB storage connector must be enabled on the device. Enable Use USB to transfer files.
- On your PC, download the Skustack app and paste it to any folder on the device.
- Open your device file manager and locate the APK file.
- Tap to install the application. After installation, the icon will show up on the app list.
- Now you can open your Skustack app and log in.
Configuring settings in Sellercloud
You need to enable some settings in Sellercloud to enable bins on your account.
- Under Client Settings, select Enable Warehouse Bin. This will activate bin management in Sellercloud.
Please Note: Client setting Enable Warehouse Bin should not be turned on without consulting with Sellercloud support first!
- Under Client Settings, enable Enforce Bins on Selected Warehouses. This setting limits bin management to selected warehouses.
- Navigate to Settings > Inventory > Manage Warehouses. Open applicable warehouse and enable Inventory Managed Strictly Per Bin.
Please Note: The warehouse setting Inventory Managed Strictly Per Bin should not be turned on without consulting with Sellercloud support first!
- By enabling the Inventory Managed Strictly Per Bin, the inventory in that warehouse will be calculated based on items in the bin. When this setting is enabled, any inventory in the warehouse will be lost. You will need to import bin quantity or manually add inventory into your bin.
- Inventory that is added to the warehouse (i.e. through a PO) or inventory that leaves the warehouse (i.e. through shipped orders or FBA inbound shipments) must be added to/picked from a bin. Failure to do so will result in inaccurate product inventory.
- Inventory in a non-selected warehouse will be calculated using the regular warehouse inventory calculation.
- To access your bins:
The following client settings should also be enabled:
- Always deduct inventory from Shadow Parent. This controls whether orders for shadow products deduct physical inventory from the parent product’s inventory or from the shadow inventory. When this option is enabled, the order will always display the shadow parent.
- Enable Pick List Generation by Warehouse. Picklists will be generated based on the warehouse and the picklist will only be able to be opened in Skustack in the warehouse it was generated for.
- Default Product Kit Type. This should be set to Independent.