SKU to SKU transfer is a seamless method for transferring physical inventory from one product to another. It is typically used when a product is being rebranded, refurbished, or when inventory needs to be consolidated from one SKU to another. In contrast to the One Way Transfer module, the SKU to SKU transfer allows for two-way movements of inventory.
One common use case for this transfer is when returned items are in good condition and suitable for resale, but require a separate SKU to be classified as “Used.” In this scenario, the returned items need to be transferred to the “Used” SKU. This ensures that the returned items are correctly classified and inventory is accounted for.
Create a SKU to SKU Transfer
- Navigate to the Sku To Sku Transfer module of the Transfers tab.
- Tap the Plus button to create a transfer.
- Select your Search Mode: Sku/Upc/Alias or Serial.
- Scan an item or tap the From icon and type in an SKU.
- Scan/Enter the bin you are transferring from.
- Scan an item or tap the To icon and type in an SKU, or Create new Product.
- Scan/Enter the bin you are transferring to.
- Scan/Enter quantity to transfer.
- Tap the Transfer button.
|Auto print new product labels||Skustack’s Warehouse Management setting. Automatically print out a label for new products after the transfer is complete.|
|Sku to sku transfer adjustment reason||Skustack’s Warehouse Management setting. Require an adjustment reason for SKU to SKU transfers.|
|Validate serial globally||Client setting. Enables serial number validation in Skustack. Enabling this setting will force serial scans to increase or decrease quantities. Learn more about serial number validation and relevant client settings here.|