ShipVerify is an additional safety measure that allows you to verify that your orders are correctly picked and boxed before packing them and shipping them out. This feature is essential in preventing incorrect products from being delivered to customers.
To enable the Ship Verify feature, go to Menu > Settings > Warehouse Management > Enable ShipVerify.
The Ship Verify option will now appear in the Menu. Tap the icon to configure your settings.
Use the dropdowns to select your configuration:
- Basic / Advanced – Choose the ShipVerify mode (refer to the definitions of each type below).
- Tracking Number / Order Number – Search either by Order Number or Tracking Number.
- Verify / Un-verify / Check – Select the action you want to apply. You can either verify the order, un-verify it, or check the current status.
You scan the order number or tracking number and the order will be automatically marked as verified. This lets you check that the tracking number on the label matches the order on Sellercloud.
You scan the tracking number and open the products in the order. You’ll then need to scan all the products to ensure the order has all the right items. This extra step lets you both verify the validity of the label tracking, as well as check that all the products are in the box.
The Order-Based ShipVerify module is located within Skustack’s PickList tab.
- Tap the Search icon.
- Scan or enter the package tracking number.
- All products in the particular package will load.
- Scan a Product ID/UPC barcode, or tap it on the screen. The product will open.
- Scan the barcode of the product. Each scan will add to the picked quantity. You can also enter a picked quantity manually.
- You can swipe down to see the picking progress.
- When all the items in the package are picked, the package will be marked as verified.