Product creation is a vital aspect of efficient inventory management. Skustack provides you with a structured process for assigning unique identifiers to each product you create, ensuring streamlined catalog management. This feature is particularly useful when you receive new items that are not yet in your catalog, or when you need to rebrand or refurbish a product. When a new product is created, it will immediately appear in your product catalog.
Create Product Module
The Create Product module is located within Skustack’s Products tab and allows you to easily add new products through the Skustack application:
- Tap the + icon.
- Enter the Product SKU, Product Name, Product UPC(not a required field), and Product Type (not a required field) manually.
You can generate a Product SKU after you have filled in the Product Name. Simply click the Dice icon to the right of the Product SKU line and the product SKU will be generated.
- After creating a product, you can edit product info and add inventory to bins.
Creating new products through the Skustack Admin portal can be done either individually or in bulk.
To create individual products:
- Navigate to Products > Add New Product and choose the option to Create individual product manually.
- Fill in the required information. From the Gear icon in the upper right-hand corner, you can customize and add fields to the form or set fields as required.
- Click the Product SKU field and enter a new product’s SKU, or click the Refresh icon to generate one for you based on the Product Name entered.
- When finished, click Create Product.
The Skustack Admin allows you to create multiple products simultaneously through a file upload. To create product SKUs in bulk:
- Navigate to Products > Add New Product.
- Select Import via File.
- Click Generate Template to use an existing template or generate a new one. The required columns to create SKUs are ProductID and ProductName.
- Click Create Products That Don’t Exist and select the company where the products should be created.
- Click the File field and select the file from your computer.
- Click Upload.
- Once the uploaded file is processed, the product/s will be visible in your catalog.